Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Multiple Sclerosis and Skydiving

I used to love to go skydiving, but since my diagnosis of multiple sclerosis I have had to give up skydiving. One of my main symptoms that I suffer from everyday is vertigo. With the level of vertigo that I have skydiving is no longer a viable option for me. This makes me sad to realize that I can no longer enjoy a recreational sport that I love. What makes it even worse is that last year I moved to Florida and there are plenty of places here that I would love to go skydiving. Florida has a lot of places that offer a lot of jumps surrounded by mother nature at its best that only cost between $100-$200. One of these locations is in Spring Hill, which is only about 20 minutes from where I live. It has been a battle having to give up skydiving, but over time I believe I will be able to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment