Monday, May 27, 2013
Multiple Sclerosis and Boxing
I used to love to box until I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I refused to completely give up on one of my favorite sports though. I knew I wouldn't be able to get back in the ring though and compete, but there was other things I could still do with my boxing buddies.
One of the main things was the workouts. I still hit the punching bags as this helps me reduce my stress level.
I also still hit the speed bags. This helps me block out the fact that I have a serious disability. It also gives me the piece of mind to know that I can still defend myself if need be.
For endurance purposes I still jump rope. This is a good exercise to keep your endurance up. This helps me to also make it through everyday activities that my MS otherwise would make it hard to accomplish.
The last reason I still go to the gym is that I have been told my presence gives the other people strength and hope. That is the reason I have started to help as a boxing coach and trainer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment